Friday, January 11, 2013

Return to Paper Magic

To say that Magic is a difficult game to master would risk understating that fact.  It is a game with enough strategic depth to challenge chess players, even those at the Master and Grandmaster level.

To play a game in a format entirely different than what you are accustomed to requires still more skill.  Such is the case with Magic: the Gathering Online.  While it has been my method of choice for playing the game for a good while, the interface has caused me to make foolish play mistakes time and time again. 

That is my reasoning for wanting to return to the paper form.  Cost-wise, I will be spending more, but it will also give me the opportunity to spend time and network with like-minded people.  I'd like to put SOME effort into MTGO, but I believe my time is better spent playing paper Magic. 

That changes very little as far as this blog is concerned.  Hopefully, that will actually mean more content.  My lack of activity over the past several months has been due primarily to spending a lot of time playing Diablo III.  Now that I have a computer that can run it fairly well, even without overclocking, I find it quite enjoyable.

With that out of the way, I wish everyone a belated merry Christmas and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment